11.20.2007

Turkey and Beer

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, what better topic than Beer and Turkey.

A couple resources to help out your research:

Trouble Brewing kicked things off in early November with some Turkey Trials.

Beer Advocate has a special feature written up for the holiday, including a very cool, dare I say whimsical, illustration.

Bob Batz Jr, at the Post-Gazette, moves his usual Thursday column up to Monday morning with a feature on pairing beer and turkey, making sure to highlight local beers ideal for the meal.

He also makes mention of the Brewers Association's http://www.beerandturkey.org/. Guess what that's all about.

I'm not sure what I'll be having with my turkey this Thanksgiving. I was hoping for homebrew, but I don't have anything that will be ready in time. What about you?