2.16.2007

Victory pulls out the Hammer

Lew Bryson reveals in his Short Snorts column today that Victory Brewing will be contract brewing the former Heavyweight beer (not champion) Perkuno's Hammer Imperial Porter.

Bill Covaleski had this to say about the project: "Ron [Barchet] and I have always been big fans of Perkuno's Hammer, and Tom's beers in general. This was one beer that we simply could not let vanish, and when we reached out to Tom about keeping this great beer alive, he was very enthusiastic to collaborate to that end. This is another example how Victory lives to delight our own inner beer geek, and the beer community as well."


I still have a bottle of the original Hammer in my fridge, but I think its safe to drink it, now that I know more, possible much more is on the way.