1.31.2007

The other St. Louis brewery

Appellation Beer has a recent post on the brewery in St. Louis that isn't Anheuser-Busch, the impressive Schlafly Brewing Company (say it Shla-flee, not Shla-fly, which I made the mistake of doing). The post is part book review and part commentary on a topic thats beer circling the Interwebs lately, at least the part that discusses good beer, beer's place as a drink of the common man.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who lives in St. Louis and brings me back cases of tasty Schlafly beer when he returns home to visit. Most recently, its been the Kaldi's Coffee Stout, the Christmas Ale and the Pumpkin Ale, all of which I thought to be top notch. I'm planning to do a post on all three of them soon, perhaps this is just the prodding I needed.

here's hoping my friend returns home soon, with Schlafly in tow, of course!